Saturday, January 17, 2009

At The Pictures

One consequence, it seems, of being non drinking is the increased number of visits to the Ritzy to see the crop of Oscar contenders. And what a crop they are; The Wrestler which features what must surely be an Oscar winning performance from Mickey Rourke..Che, which is fantastic, and of course the superb Slumdog Millionaire. This is being marketted as a feelgood movie but it is so much better than that...I may even go and see Kate Winslet in The Reader, but that'll probably have to be on my own, because Ms T liketh Madam Winslet not.

But I wish though that we weren't exposed to some of the Government funded ads they chuck at you before the film proper, time after time. The one that says you're a kid if you lose your licence - which has now got it's own thread on urban 75, the one warning of Sexually Transmitted diseases with 'ghonnorea' stencilled on people's underwear...they do my head in. I presume they keep the Ritzy in business, so I have to be careful what I wish for.

No comments: