Sunday, February 10, 2008

Man Utd 1 Man City 2


Can't let today pass without blogging about Citeh who did the blue half of my home town proud this afternoon, comprehensively outplaying Fergie's glamour men in their own front garden.
They were lost without the Roon and Tevez couldn't get past Dunne and Micah Richards. But now I'm a fan of Joe Hart, who distinguished himself between the sticks.

It was a beautiful day and everyone behaved immaculately, remembering an awful tragedy on a runway in the snow fifty years ago. I met Sir Matt Busby once; it was about my third day, as a twenty year old student on work experience at Radio Manchester, and the great man was lovely to me as I clownishly attempted to interview him. That kind of generosity from someone of his stature made a lasting impression on me, and later served to make rudeness from smaller people less understandable.

1 comment:

Alice Thompson said...

I never knew you met Sir Matt - now that is impressive!! Even beats my meeting with "Sir" Brian Cluffie.